Building and launching a website is not enough to achieve a solid Internet presence and good search engine positioning. Your website needs to be marketed and it should be optimized for search engines.
An important aspect of search engine optimization (SEO) is making your website easy for both visitors and search engine robots to understand. Although search engines have become increasingly sophisticated, they still can’t see and understand a web page the same way a human can. SEO helps the engines figure out what each page is about, and how it may be useful for those searching for your specific products or services.
SEO involves careful planning, knowledge of how search engine robots operate, and well-crafted, focused content. SEO begins with you identifying a set of “keywords” (search terms) that you expect people to use when searching the Internet for you, your products, or your services.
JE Web Design’s role is to guide you through the process of refining your keywords, building keyword landing pages for each following strict SEO standards, building 2 important files for search engine robots, and properly registering your website with Google and Bing/Yahoo!.
- Identify a set of 5-8 multi-word keywords (search terms) that directly related to your website’s content.
- For each keyword:
- Write 1-2 paragraphs that focus strictly on the keyword. Include the keyword, exactly as is, at least once in these paragraphs.
- Provide 1 photo/image that in some way relates to the keyword.
- Work with you to improve and finalize your keywords, insuring they are unique, relevant, and properly worded.
- Identify the existing web pages or content each keyword relates to, and recommend changes to those pages, content and menus to reinforce the focus on your keywords.
- Build an HTML landing page for each keyword, including your content, links to pertinent pages/content, photo/image, a 160-character or less meta description and a meta keyword list.
- Add home page “anchor links” to the keyword landing pages.
- Build optimized sitemap.xml and robots.txt files.
- Build an SEO page to check and record your Google search results positioning for each keyword and a broad set of similar search terms.
Cost: $500 – $750 (varies based on number of keywords & other factors)
All this is required to optimize your website. In the long run, this should result in attracting more “qualified” leads and visitors to your website. However, top search engine positioning is greatly dependent on the number of other websites that link back to your website.
Contact me if you would like to hear more about the SEO work we do and to see actual results for any of these clients:
- American Membrane Technologies Association
- Holmes Landscape Company
- Mellano & Company
- National Air Filtration Association
The Importance of Back Links
Search engines are focused on delivering the best possible search results to satisfy specific search requests, and they do a remarkably good job of it. One of the factors they consider when choosing and prioritizing their search results is the number of website with links back to a website. Websites with the most back links for a given search term are more likely the “expert” on that topic, hence they are listed higher up in the search results.
Building up back links is a sound search engine positioning strategy, but it takes time for websites to establish themselves, and time for others to provide links on their websites back to yours. It’s not like you can add links back to your website and content to another’s website. Or can you?
Your buddy George Patcher is the real deal, I guess. I just did a search and my company comes up first in the rankings. Generic keyword, too, which is really good.
Dennis D. Diamond, President, Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer
For those companies that want to aggressively build back links and achieve top search engine positioning almost immediately, JE Web Design partners with a Philadelphia-based SEO company which, coincidentally, provides services to Google. This company will:
- Review your website to confirm it is optimized according to strict SEO standards.
- Purchase/assign 10+ domain names that compliment your keywords.
- Build 1-page websites for each of those domains with content we provide, including links back to your specific keyword landing pages.
- Submit your website twice-a-month to Google regional servers at the same time as Google does it’s updates, resulting in favorable search selections.
How effective is this process? Incredibly effective. Contact JE Web Design for proof.
At the end of the day Google always has the last word, but since 1998 we have never failed to deliver Page #1 results for a single client. We now have over 20,000 keywords on Google’s Page #1 and there is no reason for it not to work, given our experience and our exclusive “backlink infrastructure.” Google forbids us from using the “G” (guarantee) word, but we have never had a single client ask for a refund.
George Pachter, President & CEO, Technology Data Exchange